When I’ve been a bit under the weather, there’s nothing that picks me up like this Thai curried cauliflower soup. It’s pure comfort in a bowl. My tip of the day? Soup can look quite unappetising – take the time to dress it up a little. A few roasted cauliflower florets, some chopped chives, some basil and some fresh chilli. These things bring your dish to life. And because the dish looks more attractive, it tastes better too. Give it a whirl!
Thai Curried Cauliflower Soup (serves 4)
1 large head of cauliflower, broken into small florets
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup of white wine
1 can coconut milk
Large pinch of sugar
1 1/2 cups of chicken stock
2 tsp rice vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Lightly coat the cauliflower florets in some olive oil and roast on a baking sheet in the oven for half an hour until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onions and cook until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute or so.
- Stir in the curry paste and lemon zest.
- Add the wine and reduce until you have a thick sauce.
- Add the cauliflower florets, reserving a few for decorating the plates.
- Add the chicken stock and the coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the sugar.
- After simmering for 5 minutes, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Blend until smooth and adjust to your taste with the vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and decorate with reserved florets, chives, basil and fresh chilli.
- Most importantly, serve with hunks of fresh, buttered bread.
Hope that you enjoy this dish. Please feel free to leave any questions or comments. 😊
4 thoughts on “Thai Curried Cauliflower Soup”
This soup looks incredible! Love the color and the combo of flavors, thanks for the recipe!
Thank you! Glad you like it! 👍😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
this looks sooo nice 🙂
Thank you so much! 🙏🏻👍😊