125g cherry tomatoes, halved
250g rebellion or cabomar tomatoes, thinly sliced
200g vine tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 a red onion, finely chopped
2 1/2 tsp of Italian chilli and garlic pesto (I use Mr Organic brand, or make some up yourself)
1/2 a lemon, zest and juice
A handful of basil leaves, thinly sliced
2 balls of mozzarella, or burrata if you prefer
Salt and pepper
- Put the tomatoes and onion in a large mixing bowl.
- Take a small bowl and mix together the lemon zest and juice with the pesto. Add a dash of olive oil if the dressing is too thick. Pour the dressing over the tomatoes and add in the basil. Now get in there with your hands and mix everything together gently, making sure that everything is coated with that lovely dressing.
- Warm a cast iron griddle pan over high heat. Trim the asparagus of their woody bottoms and toss with some olive oil and salt and pepper. When the pan is hot, add the asparagus and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until tender and slightly charred at the edges.
- Allow the asparagus to cool slightly and then slice them in half. Add the asparagus to the tomatoes and toss together. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Add the mozzarella to the salad and season the whole thing with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!