If you like sausage rolls as much as I do, then this little upgrade is absolutely going to blow your mind! These will make you the most popular person at your next social gathering, I guarantee it! 😉
Ingredients: 1 x 400g pack of pork sausage meat
1 x red onion, finely diced
1 x jar of caramelised onion chutney
1 x Scotch Bonnet pepper, finely chopped
1/4 tsp dried sage
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 x egg, beaten
1 x pinch of flour
1 x pack of ready to roll puff pastry
Instructions:Fry off the onion and chilli until onion is translucent.
- Add the sausage meat, onion mix, sage and seasonings to a blender and blend together well.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll out the pastry onto it. Slice across the length of the pastry to divide into two even rectangles.
- Roll the sausage mix between your hands and place along the middle of each length of pastry, making sure not to overfill. The pastry needs to be able to fold over and encase the sausage meat.
- Spoon a decent amount of the chutney along the length of the sausage meat.
- Brush the beaten egg along one side of the pastry and roll the pastry over to encase the sausage meat in a roll shape.
- Cut rolls to desired length and snip a small hole in the top of each.
- Place rolls on a baking tray lined with grease proof paper and brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake at 200 degrees centigrade for 22 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy when cool enough to eat without scalding yourself. Or wait until completely cooled and store in the refrigerator until required. Then just pop in the oven at 180 degrees centigrade for ten minutes to return them to crispy perfection. Enjoy!
Hope that you enjoy this dish. Please feel free to leave any questions or comments. 😊