These Vegetable Fritters are fantastic on their own or as an accompaniment to almost any meal. They are full of flavour and perfect for dipping into chilli mayonnaise or your favourite salsa or hot sauce. Vegetable Fritters (serves 3-4)
3/4 cup of gram flour
1/2 cup of water
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp of garlic granules
1/4 tsp of paprika
1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of Jamaican curry powder (or your favourite curry mix)
1/4 cup of finely chopped spring onions
3/4 cup of finely chopped red peppers
3/4 cup of finely chopped courgettes
2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add the water and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in the vegetables.
- Heat pan to medium high heat.
- Add enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- When oil is hot, put a spoonful of the batter in the pan. Add more spoonfuls until the pan is filled without the fritters touching each other.
- Cook until browned and then turn over and cook the other side.
- Serve with your favourite sauce, salsa or dip and enjoy!
Hope that you enjoy this dish. Please feel free to leave any questions or comments. 😊