When contemplating a midweek meal, time is often a crucial factor. This tasty number is quick and easy but packed with delicious flavour. And it’s even better the next day for a packed lunch!
Beef Chow Fun (serves 2)
400g thinly sliced fillet steak
3 spring onions, sliced 1″ thick on the diagonal
1 onion, thinly sliced
600g fresh tagliatelle or equivalent wide ribboned rice noodles
2 handfuls of bean sprouts
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tbsp shaoxing cooking wine
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp garlic paste
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp cornflour
5 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp caster sugar
- Mix together marinade ingredients and add fillet to it. Marinade for half an hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the tagliatelle or rice noodles and set aside.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok on medium high heat.
- Add in beef and marinade and cook for a minute. Remove and set aside.
- Add sliced onion to wok and cook for a minute.
- Add in pasta/noodles and sauce mix and mix through. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add in bean sprouts, spring onions and beef. Mix through thoroughly and serve immediately. Enjoy!