This midweek meal is quick and easy to prepare and is so flavourful that you will find yourself making it again and again. I have made mine with noodles, but this goes equally well with rice.
Stir Fry Sesame Chicken with Noodles (serves 4)
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp olive oil
800g boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into thin strips
2 red peppers, thinly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups fine green beans, chopped into 1 inch pieces
4 spring onions, chopped diagonally
1/3 cup teriyaki, divided
1/4 cup chicken stock
- Toast sesame seeds in a small pan over medium heat and then set aside.
- Cover the chicken strips with half the teriyaki sauce.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat and add the chicken strips. Cook until golden and cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add green beans, peppers and onion to the pan with the stock. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes until beans are crisp tender and onion is translucent. Cook uncovered for a further 4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and remaining teriyaki sauce.
- Add chicken back to wok and heat through.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and garnish with the chopped spring onions.
- Prepare the noodles and serve together with the chicken. Coat noodles with a little sauce from the sesame chicken and enjoy!
Hope that you enjoy this dish. Please feel free to leave any questions or comments.