500g steak, diced
250g bacon, diced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 medium potato, diced and cooked until just tender
4 medium carrots, diced quite small
A handful of peas
75ml double cream
1 tbsp ground pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic and herb spice
1 tsp rosemary
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
Shortcrust pastry for the bottom and puff pastry for the lid.
- Fry the steak until just cooked and then remove and set aside.
- Fry the bacon, onion, garlic, pepper and carrots until the carrots are tender.
- Add the steak back in, along with the cooked potatoes and the peas. Add in the garlic and herb spice, the rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Now add in the cream and the lemon juice and stir together until the mixture thickens.
- Remove mixture from stove and allow to cool. Place the mixture in the fridge for an hour.
- Grease your pie dish with butter and line the base with shortcrust pastry.
- Add the cooled mixture in and top with a puff pastry lid.
- Bake in the oven at 180C for 35 minutes.
Pages: Page 1, Page 2