If, like me, you enjoy spicy dishes with meat that melts in your mouth, then this is definitely the dish for you. Eaten hot or cold (I prefer it cold, like a meat salad!), this dish will not disappoint!
Fu Qi Fei Pian (Sliced Beef Brisket in Chilli Sauce). Serves 2
1kg of beef brisket
For the Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker:
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1/4 cup Shaoxing wine
4 dried chillies
1 tbsp sugar
4 spring onions, halved lengthwise
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
1 tsp Sichuan peppercorns
1/4 tsp nutmeg
For the sauce:
1/4 cup olive oil
1 or 2 Scotch Bonnet chillies, depending on how hot you like it, finely chopped
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/4 cup of liquid from the cooked brisket
2 tsp Chinkiang vinegar
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 spring onions, very finely sliced
1 tsp ginger, finely grated
2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
For the topping:
1 handful toasted peanuts, finely chopped
2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Place the brisket in a pressure cooker or Instant Pot with all the Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker ingredients plus a cup of water. Pressure cook on high for 35 minutes and use natural steam release.
- Once cooked, slice brisket thinly and place into a serving bowl.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together and allow the flavours to fuse for at least an hour.
- Drizzle the sauce over the brisket and top with the peanuts and coriander.
- Eat whilst warm or refrigerate and enjoy as chilled.
Hope that you enjoy this dish. Please feel free to leave any questions or comments.