Sometimes all you want is something quick, healthy and tasty to get you through those hectic midweek days. The key with this lo mein is slicing the chicken and the vegetables really thinly so that everything cooks quickly. Hope you enjoy 😊
Chicken lo mein (Serves 4)
600g chicken thigh fillets, sliced thinly
2 tsp cornflour
2 tsp water
2 tsp oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
4 cups green cabbage, thinly shredded
2 carrots, grated or julienned
2 red peppers, julienned
2 tbsp shaoxing wine
Cooked egg noodles for 4
2 tbsp soy sauce
8 tsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp MSG
A large handful of bean sprouts
A bunch of spring onions, julienned
- Mix together the chicken, cornflour, water and oil in a bowl.
- Heat a wok to smoking point, add 2 tbsp of oil and add the chicken. Cook until browned, then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another 2 tbsp of oil to the wok and add in garlic. Fry for 30 seconds before adding in the cabbage, peppers and carrots. When the vegetables have become slightly more flexible and therefore take up less space in the wok, add in the chicken and the cooked noodles. Add in the shaoxing wine and mix through.
- Mix together the soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, sugar and MSG. Add to the wok and mix through. Do not allow the vegetables to lose their crispness.
- Remove from the heat and mix through the bean sprouts and the spring onions. Serve immediately and enjoy 😊