I adore Pad Thai and struggled for a long time to find a recipe that could compete with my favourite takeaway restaurant. This recipe does exactly that. Enjoy!
Pad Thai (serves 4)
400g rice noodles
4 tbsp oil
800g chicken thigh fillets, sliced into bit sized pieces
1 large red pepper, sliced
170g bean sprouts
4 large cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp chilli flakes
1/4 cup sliced spring onions
2 large eggs, whisked
For the sauce:
1/4 cup tamarind sauce
2 tbsp fish sauce
3 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp lime juice
2 red chillies, thinly sliced
1/4 cup crushed peanuts
Lime juice and chopped coriander to your own taste
- Cook rice noodles until just under. Strain and set aside.
- Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok and sauté chicken until just cooked. Remove chicken from wok and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp oil to wok and sauté red pepper until it starts to soften. Add garlic, chilli flakes and bean sprouts and sauté for another 2 minutes. Move everything to the sides of the wok.
- Pour eggs into the middle of the wok and scramble in with the vegetables.
- Add chicken back to wok along with the cooked noodles.
- Pour in the sauce and toss to combine. Add in the spring onions and sprinkle over your chopped peanuts, lime juice and coriander.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! 😃